Almost everyone in New England has had the experience of mosquitoes ending their night early.
Not only are mosquitoes an annoyance to millions of Americans each year, they also pose a serious health concern.
Here are 5 things you may not know about mosquitoes:
- According to the World Health Organization mosquitoes are one of the deadliest animals in the world! They emphasize that sustainable mosquito control efforts are crucial to prevent outbreaks from vector borne diseases.
- There are 3000 different species of mosquitoes worldwide! Of those species 150 can be found in North America, and 51 have been found in Massachusetts.
- You may know that mosquitoes need water to breed, but some mosquitoes need just a FEW inches of water to breed. This is why it's so important to be mindful of places like birdbaths and roof gutters that make for perfect breeding grounds.
- Only female mosquitoes will bite as they need a blood meal before they can lay eggs. Male mosquitoes will tend to feed on Nectar as they do not need the same amount of energy as females.
- Mosquitoes have been around much longer then Humans. A fossil of a mosquito was found dating back 45 MILLION years! Any guesses where the fossil is believed to be from? You guessed it, subtropical Montana of all places.
Pure Solution has been the industry leader for sustainable tick & mosquito control for over 10 years! Our sustainable method of controlling mosquitoes uses a blend of essential oils that are safer for kids, pets, and the environment! If you are interested in learning about how Pure Solutions eliminates mosquitoes in a sustainable way you can click the link below!