Updated 3.30.20For our Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire customers:
At Pure Solutions, we understand that our customers' health and the health of our employees is paramount to all else.Our company was created in part because we wanted to find a healthier way to protect our families, friends and communities. Given the new, ever-changing, updates on the coronavirus, we are doing all we can on our end to ensure we can continue to service our clients in the safest and most effective way possible. With recommendations about social distancing, shelter in place and quarantining one may think that pausing your treatments may be a good idea. However, skipping or pausing your service with Pure Solutions will likely increase your exposure to vector-borne illnesses.
Spring is the time when tick and mosquito populations increase exponentially (see our graphic on the life cycle of the tick here). By skipping treatments at one of the most important times of the year, you will lose the ability to curb the population of ticks and mosquitoes before they can hatch.
What Pure Solutions is doing to ensure safety for our customers and employees.
- We are strictly following all guidelines from the CDC.
- Our staff of trained and experienced professionals is practicing social distancing by not leaving door hangers at your property unless a special request has been made.
- Our employees are working alone in their trucks to ensure social distancing.
- Physical contact between employees is prohibited.
- We are scheduling treatments to avoid face to face interactions with our customers when requested.
- Sanitation of facilities and equipment are being performed daily.
Why should you keep up with your treatments?
- Spending more time at home means more time in and around your property.
- Children will be spending more time playing in the yard and around your property.
- More time spent outdoors, around your home, means you, your family and your pets will be more exposed to ticks and mosquitoes then normal.
- Keeping up on treatments will help to lower the risk to you and your family.
- Our treatments can be scheduled to be done when you feel most comfortable.
- Tick and Mosquito spray services take 10-45 minutes to properly dry depending on weather. Once the product is dry, the lawn is completely safe for children and pets to use.
- Tick populations are increasing, this means cases of tick-borne illnesses such as Lyme disease, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever are also increasing.
- Ticks have massive reproduction (2,000-4,000 eggs), they live long lives (especially for a parasite) and they do not need to feed often.
- Ticks are tiny, it is almost impossible to spot a nymph which can be smaller
than a poppy seed.
- As winters get warmer and shorter, ticks become dormant later in the year (if at all, should it fail to fall below freezing) and active earlier.
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis aka EEE is still an area of high concern.
- Approximately 30% of people with EEE die and many survivors have ongoing neurological problems.
- Spraying for mosquitoes early will lower their populations, by being proactive in the spring you lessen your risk of being exposed to EEE.
Our commitment to serving our customers during this uncertain time is sincere and we are analyzing the situation with caution and forethought. Of course, things can change and if we believe our services are not in the best interest of our customers or put any of our staff at undue risk, we will let you know immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at (781)899-7873 or email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these difficult times.